Aims & Objectives
The objective of the Association is to promote the use and development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the Gambia. Specifically, the Association shall endeavour to:
- Promote the growth and development of ICT and any related subject in The Gambia
- Promote the development of knowledge and use of ICT in The Gambia
- Encourage and assist the professionals engaged in these fields to maintain the integrity and competence of the profession;
- Foster partnership amongst the professionals engaged in these fields;
- Promote the application of ICT to improve the quality of life of Gambians, and for the benefit of humanity at large;
- Work towards maximizing the role of Gambian professionals in the development of ICT, and its positive impact in The Gambia
- Be acknowledged as the primary source of reliable information and advice on public issues relating to Information Technology in the Gambia
- Foster close interaction and mutual cooperation between Gambian professionals working in Gambia and those located elsewhere in the world
- Provide high quality technical educational, research and professional activities, services and standards to serve the members, the professionals and the public;
- Strive for and maintain the highest standards of professionalism and excellence in all its activities;
- Assist in the development, formulation and implementation of a national ICT policy in the Gambia
- Strive to ensure that the GM domain shall be controlled and/or administered by ITAG or a body designated to do the same by ITAG and any funds realised thereof shall be used for the promotion of ICT in The Gambia.
- Ensure that the “Local Internet Community” should be represented by ITAG as a “Delegee” or “Sponsor” at the Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Endeavour to promote the development of a Gambian Silicon Valley – Technology Park.